Do you know a bit about sewing and are looking to challenge yourself with an intermediate level project?
Learning to sew your own beautiful pair of Carolyn Pyjamas with Sew for Life is the perfect way to refresh your knowledge, brush up on old skills and learn something new that you can take away and adapt to all your future projects.
Throughout the course you will learn the following skills and dressmaking techniques:
- Identify components of pattern instructions
- Prepare and trace a pattern
- Make basic length adjustments to a pattern
- Attach bias piping trim
- Attach patch & hip pockets
- Sew set in sleeves with gathering
- Sew a notched collar with no exposed seams
- Sew French seams
- Sew buttonholes and buttons with a sewing machine
- Sew a faux fly
- Attach an elasticated waistband
Summer or winter – choose the style that suits!
$440 per person (inc GST) including six 2.5 hour classes.
***Please note that due to the complexity of this pattern, students will be required to complete some sewing at home during the week between classes.
Course fees include the provision of tuition and course notes as well as a Carolyn essentials pack including:
- Your own print copy of the Closet Core Patterns Carolyn Pyjamas pattern (sizes 0-20). This pattern is currently unavailable in extended sizing.
- Bias piping trim (your choice from a selection of colours) – 5m
- 1.5” (38mm) wide elastic – 1m
- Fusible woven interfacing – 0.5m
- Tracing vilene – 2m
You will need to provide your own sewing machine and will also be required to purchase the following materials to make your pyjamas:
- Main fabric (light-medium weight woven): between 3 – 5.5m depending on size and version chosen (View C for short sleeves/shorts or View B for long sleeve/pants) Click HERE for sizing and fabric requirements
- 5 shirt buttons (10-15mm)
Conference Room, St Peter & Emmaus Church, 56 Green Street, Joondanna, Perth