The Know Your Knits Course is designed to provide you with all the information and skills you need to confidently begin sewing projects with knit and stretch fabric.
You will complete four projects throughout the course and will be guided through a variety of techniques and skills which can then be adapted to all your future knit projects.
You will also be provided with comprehensive information on identifying stretch fabric types, cutting techniques, sewing with elastic, stitch types, hemming and much more!
The entire course is taught on your sewing machine so no experience or use of an overlocker is required for this course.
$290 per person (inc GST), includes four 2.5 hour lessons in a small group of 8 participants.
** Please note: the weekend version of this course will consist of 2 x 5 hour lessons held over consecutive Saturdays
- 10 hours of sewing tuition in a group of 8 students
- Weekly class notes including step by step instructions and all the insider tips and tricks
- Fabric (pre-prepared) to complete the lesson 1 project
- Your own copy of a printed pattern for the lesson 3 t-shirt project from a selection of patterns (value up to $30)
- Tea, coffee and biscuits to keep you going!
You will need to bring/supply:
- Your sewing machine
- Materials such as fabric and elastic for lesson 2- 4 projects (estimated cost of materials is $40-60). Details of these will be provided after booking.
- Pins, bobbins, dressmaking shears, thread etc.
Skill level required:
This course is suitable for confident beginner sewers with some basic skills. You should have made some simple projects before and be comfortable using your sewing machine. If you’re a novice sewer and would like to become more confident with basic sewing skills, we recommend first joining our Sew from Scratch Beginners Course.
Sew for Life Studio, Osborne Park, Perth
We are currently in between premises and will recommence classes in January 2020. Sign up for the email newsletter HERE to find out when new classes are available for booking. We hope to meet you soon!