Unlock the secrets of your most feared machine in the Overlocker Basics course!
Over four lessons, you’ll learn all the tips and tricks you need to show that overlocker who’s boss including threading, finishing, a wide variety of stitches and functions, gathering, elastic insertion and much more. We’ll sew a bunch of quick and fun projects with a “reduce waste” theme including fabric ribbon, snack bags, ‘un’-paper towels, a bowl cover and more.
The classes have been designed to balance all the necessary theoretical content and practical skills so not only do you KNOW how to use your overlocker, you also UNDERSTAND how it works.
As always, you’ll receive comprehensive class notes at each lesson that you can refer to as you practice your new skills in all your future projects.
$250 per person (inc GST), includes four 2 hour lessons in a small group of 8 participants.
- 8 hours of sewing tuition in a group of 8 students
- Weekly class notes including step by step instructions and tips and tricks
- Calico for making a stitch reference book
- Tea, coffee and biscuits to keep you going!
You will need to bring/supply:
- Your overlocker
- Materials such as fabric and elastic for projects (estimated cost of materials is $20-40). Details of these will be provided after booking.
- Pins, dressmaking shears, thread, seam ripper etc.
- Fine point overlocker tweezers and any overlocker accessories you own
Skill level required:
This course is suitable for confident beginner sewers with some basic skills. You should have made some simple projects before and be comfortable using a sewing machine. If you’re a novice sewer and would like to become more confident with basic sewing skills, we recommend first joining our Sew from Scratch Beginners Course.
Sew for Life Studio, Unit 3/16 Main Street, Osborne Park, Perth