The Necessary Clutch Wallet Workshop is the perfect way for you to learn to sew this gorgeous and practical purse. Over seven hours you will be taught how to construct the Necessary Clutch Wallet guided through in a step by step manner. Ask all the questions you need to and have fun along the way!
As well as making your own purse, you will also learn these useful skills:
- Efficient cutting techniques
- Application and use of a variety of types of interfacing and stabiliser
- How to sew a zipper
- How to install a twist lock
- How to match the pattern between the flap and front of your purse.
- All the insider tips and tricks to sew this pattern with ease!
$240 per person (inc GST)
- A printed copy of Necessary Clutch Wallet Pattern by Emmaline Bags
- All interfacing supplies
- A twist lock
- A zipper
- A step-by-step instructions sheet with all the insider tips (not included in the original pattern!)
- Seven hours of teaching instruction in a small group of 8 participants
- Tea, coffee and biscuits for the day
There will also be a range of supplies available for your use during the workshop including water erasable pens, hardware glue and fray stop (for installing the twist lock).
You will need to bring/supply:
- Fabric for your purse – you will need:
- Exterior fabric – 1 Fat Quarter quilting cotton (18″x 20″ or 48cm x 51cm)
- Lining fabric – 1 Fat Quarter quilting cotton (18″x 20″ or 48cm x 51cm)
- Pocket fabric – 0.5m (50cm x width of fabric) quilting cotton
- Your sewing machine
- Sewing machine needle (a denim or heavy-weight size 100 needle can be useful)
- Pins, bobbins, dressmaking shears, thread etc.
- Your own lunch
Skill level required:
This course is suitable for beginner sewers with some basic skills. You should have made some simple projects before and be comfortable using your sewing machine. If you’re a novice sewer and would like to become more confident with basic sewing skills, you might like to consider joining our Sew from Scratch Beginners Course.
Sew for Life Studio, Osborne Park, Perth
We are currently in between premises and will recommence classes in January 2020. Sign up for the email newsletter HERE to find out when new classes are available for booking. We hope to meet you soon!