The Necessary Clutch Wallet Workshop is the perfect way for you to learn to sew this gorgeous and practical purse. Over seven hours you will be taught how to construct the Necessary Clutch Wallet guided through in a step by step manner. Ask all the questions you need to and have fun along the way!
As well as making your own purse, you will also learn these useful skills:
- Efficient cutting techniques
- Application and use of a variety of types of interfacing and stabiliser
- How to sew a zipper
- How to install a twist lock
- How to match the pattern between the flap and front of your purse.
- All the insider tips and tricks to sew this pattern with ease!
$240 per person (inc GST)
- A printed copy of Necessary Clutch Wallet Pattern by Emmaline Bags
- All interfacing supplies
- A twist lock
- A zipper
- A step-by-step instructions sheet with all the insider tips (not included in the original pattern!)
- Seven hours of teaching instruction in a small group of 6 participants
- Tea, coffee and biscuits for the day
There will also be a range of supplies available for your use during the workshop including water erasable pens, hardware glue and fray stop (for installing the twist lock).
You will need to bring/supply:
- Fabric for your purse – you will need:
- Exterior fabric – 1 Fat Quarter quilting cotton (18″x 20″ or 48cm x 51cm)
- Lining fabric – 1 Fat Quarter quilting cotton (18″x 20″ or 48cm x 51cm)
- Pocket fabric – 0.5m (50cm x width of fabric) quilting cotton
- Your sewing machine
- Sewing machine needle (a denim or heavy-weight size 100 needle can be useful)
- Pins, bobbins, dressmaking shears, thread etc.
- Your own lunch
Skill level required:
This course is suitable for beginner sewers with some basic skills. You should have made some simple projects before and be comfortable using your sewing machine. If you’re a novice sewer and would like to become more confident with basic sewing skills, you might like to consider joining our Sew from Scratch Beginners Course.
Already own the pattern?
Owning a copy of the NCW pattern is a requirement for participating in the course and is included in the course cost. However if you already own a copy, please enter the code “IHAVETHEPATTERN” in the voucher field when booking and the pattern cost of $10 will be deducted from your fees.
Sew for Life Studio, Unit 3/16 Main Street, Osborne Park, Perth
Booking Terms & Conditions:
- Course fees are required to be paid on booking to secure your place.
- Should you choose to pay by direct deposit, note that your place is not secured until full payment is received. Your invoice is due 7 days from the date of invoice or 14 days prior to course commencement, whichever is sooner. Should you require a payment plan, please contact us to make arrangements.
- If the course is cancelled by Sew for Life (i.e. minimum course numbers not reached) you may choose to receive either a full 100% refund, or transfer payment to a later course.
- If you cancel within the four weeks prior to course commencement or are unable to attend on the day, for any reason, there will be no refunds or transfers issued.
|November 4, 2017|
|10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Necessary Clutch Wallet Full Day Workshop (exc GST)||$218.18|