The Know Your Knits Course is designed to provide you with all the information and skills you need to confidently begin sewing projects with knit and stretch fabric.
You will complete four projects throughout the course and will be guided through a variety of techniques and skills which can then be adapted to all your future knit projects.
You will also be provided with comprehensive information on identifying stretch fabric types, cutting techniques, sewing with elastic, stitch types, hemming and much more!
The entire course is taught on your sewing machine so no experience or use of an overlocker is required for this course.
$290 per person (inc GST), includes four 2.5 hour lessons in a small group of 8 participants.
- 10 hours of sewing tuition in a group of 8 students
- Weekly class notes including step by step instructions and all the insider tips and tricks
- Fabric (pre-prepared) to complete the week 1 project
- Your own copy of a printed pattern for the week 3 t-shirt project from a selection of patterns (value up to $30)
- Tea, coffee and biscuits to keep you going!
You will need to bring/supply:
- Your sewing machine
- Materials such as fabric and elastic for week 2- 4 projects (estimated cost of materials is $40-60). Details of these will be provided after booking.
- Pins, bobbins, dressmaking shears, thread etc.
Skill level required:
This course is suitable for beginner sewers with some basic skills. You should have made some simple projects before and be comfortable using your sewing machine. If you’re a novice sewer and would like to become more confident with basic sewing skills, you might like to consider joining our Sew from Scratch Beginners Course.
Sew for Life Studio, Unit 3/16 Main Street, Osborne Park, Perth
Booking Terms & Conditions:
1) Course fees are required to be paid on booking to secure your place.
2) Should you choose to pay by direct deposit, note that your place is not secured until full payment is received. Your invoice is due 7 days from the date of invoice or 14 days prior to course commencement, whichever is sooner. Should you require a payment plan, please contact us to make arrangements.
3) If the course is cancelled by Sew for Life (i.e. minimum course numbers not reached) you may choose to receive either a full 100% refund, or transfer payment to a later course.
4) If you cancel within the four weeks prior to course commencement or are unable to attend on the day, for any reason, there will be no refunds or transfers issued.
|September 2, 2017 - September 9, 2017|
|12:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
|Know Your Knits (exc GST)||$263.64|