The Know Your Knits Course is designed to provide you with all the information and skills you need to confidently begin sewing projects with knit and stretch fabric.
You will complete four projects throughout the course and will be guided through a variety of techniques and skills which can then be adapted to all your future knit projects.
You will also be provided with comprehensive information on identifying stretch fabric types, cutting techniques, sewing with elastic, stitch types, hemming and much more!
The entire course is taught on your sewing machine so no experience or use of an overlocker is required for this course.
$290 per person (inc GST), includes four 2.5 hour lessons in a small group of 8 participants.
** Please note: the weekend version of this course will consist of 2 x 5 hour lessons held over consecutive Saturdays
- 10 hours of sewing tuition in a group of 8 students
- Weekly class notes including step by step instructions and all the insider tips and tricks
- Fabric (pre-prepared) to complete the lesson 1 project
- Your own copy of a printed pattern for the lesson 3 t-shirt project from a selection of patterns (value up to $30)
- Tea, coffee and biscuits to keep you going!
You will need to bring/supply:
- Your sewing machine
- Materials such as fabric and elastic for lesson 2- 4 projects (estimated cost of materials is $40-60). Details of these will be provided after booking.
- Pins, bobbins, dressmaking shears, thread etc.
Skill level required:
This course is suitable for confident beginner sewers with some basic skills. You should have made some simple projects before and be comfortable using your sewing machine. If you’re a novice sewer and would like to become more confident with basic sewing skills, we recommend first joining our Sew from Scratch Beginners Course.
Sew for Life Studio, Unit 3/16 Main Street, Osborne Park, Perth
Booking Terms & Conditions:
1) Course fees are required to be paid on booking to secure your place.
2) Should you choose to pay by direct deposit, note that your place is not secured until full payment is received. Your invoice is due 7 days from the date of invoice or 14 days prior to course commencement, whichever is sooner. Should you require a payment plan, please contact us to make arrangements.
3) If the course is cancelled by Sew for Life (i.e. minimum course numbers not reached) you may choose to receive either a full 100% refund, or transfer payment to a later course.
4) If you cancel within the four weeks prior to course commencement or are unable to attend on the day, for any reason, there will be no refunds or transfers issued.
5) Sew for Life is unable to offer make-up classes for lessons that are not attended for sickness or any other reason. You will have access to the written notes and instructions for all your lessons and the teacher will do their best to help you catch up in the following lesson if time permits.
**Please note that the course commencing Monday 21st May will run for two consecutive weeks, take a one week break (due to the public holiday on 4th June) and then complete on Monday 18th June.
|May 21, 2018 - June 18, 2018|
|7:00 PM - 9:30 PM|
|Know Your Knits (exc GST)||$263.64|