Fancy transforming your couch, bed or outdoor setting in one afternoon?
Sewing these SUPER quick and easy cushions is a perfect beginner project and will leave your guests in amazement at your incredible new sewing skills!!
Let’s do it!
1. Cut one square 18”x18”, and two rectangles 18”x 12”.
2. On the rectangles, fold one of the long edges over about ½” and then fold over again and pin in place. If you have an overlocker, you could overlock this edge and then just fold it once, like I did.
3. Sew a straight line 3/8” from this edge, sewing on the right side of the fabric. If you like, sew another line 1/8” from the edge.
4. Now put it together! (see isn’t it so quick?!) Lay your square right side up and the two rectangles right sides down so your hemmed edges are in the middle and overlapping. Pin in place.
5. Sew a straight stitch around all four edges. Snip off the corners.
6. Turn it the right way out.
Finished! How easy was that?!
Don’t forget to take a pic and share your cushions with us over on the Facebook page or send me an email. I can’t wait to see what you’ve made!
Anyone up for some backyard hairdressing?