Sewing is BACK and everyone wants to learn how! Kids Can Sew sewing classes are specially designed for children and are suitable for both girls and boys. Classes will inspire creativity and build life-long skills all while having fun at the same time!
We have two age groups to choose from:
Super Sewers (recommended ages approx. 7-12 years)
Teens With Machines (recommended ages approx. 12-16 years)
$290 (inc GST) per person per school term
This course includes 1 hour weekly lessons for 8 weeks (during school term time)
- 8 hours of sewing tuition by a qualified teacher
- Small class size with only 6 students
- The use of studio sewing machines during lesson time (at least one machine between two students)
- The use of some sewing supplies and equipment for example fabric shears (scissors), snips, pins, thread and bobbins.
What to Bring:
You will be provided with an outline of the planned projects for the term prior to class commencement. This will include details of any materials or patterns that will need to be purchased in order to complete the term’s projects. The cost is unlikely to exceed $30-50 in any given term and we’ll be encouraging the use of upcycled materials such as old clothing that can be sourced from home or second-hand clothing stores.
- (optional) Sewing machine – if you have your own machine you are welcome to bring it along, otherwise students can use the studio machines provided.
- Basic sewing tools, including fabric shears, snips, pins, thread and bobbins (there are studio supplies available if you prefer)
Skill level required:
Class groups will be numbered according to skill level. Our level 1 classes are designed for students will limited or no previous sewing experience. Students will then progress to further levels in future terms.
Sew for Life Studio, Unit 3/16 Main Street, Osborne Park WA 6017
Parents can choose to drop and collect or alternatively, enjoy a rest in our lounge area with a cup of tea or coffee and a magazine.