Sewing is BACK and everyone wants to learn how! Join our School Holiday Sewing Camps where the children will make a variety of practical projects all while learning and developing valuable sewing skills and making new friends.
Our sewing classes and workshops are specially designed by qualified childhood educators and are suitable for both girls and boys. Classes will inspire creativity and build life-long skills all while having fun at the same time!
We have two groups to choose from:
Brand New Beginners (recommended ages approx. 7-12 years)
Confident Beginners (recommended ages approx. 8-14 years)
$220 per child (inc GST) for 3 x half day sessions
- 9 hours of sewing tuition by a qualified teacher
- Materials to make a variety of sewing projects (details below).
- Small class size up to 8 students
- The use of studio sewing machines during lesson time
- The use of sewing supplies and equipment, for example fabric shears (scissors), snips, pins, thread and bobbins.
Brand New Beginners:
- Easter Bunny
- Denim Pocket Bag
- Denim wristband
- Zipper pouch/pencil case
- Patchwork raggy quilt
What to Bring:
Materials and equipment are supplied, however we realise some children might wish to choose and bring their own fabrics and equipment.
- Water bottle and a snack for morning/afternoon tea
- (optional) Sewing machine – if you have your own machine you are welcome to bring it along, otherwise students can use the studio machines provided.
- (optional) Basic sewing tools, including fabric shears, snips, pins, thread and bobbins but we also have plenty to share!
Skill level required:
Brand New Beginners: No sewing experience necessary. It’s helpful if the child has sewn straight stitch on a sewing machine before but it’s not essential. If not, we’ll show you how!
Confident Beginners: It’s expected the child is capable to thread and sew basic stitches on a sewing machine.
*** Parents/guardians: Please note that sewing activities require the use of sharp items such as scissors and pins, and at times the use of an iron. Our teachers will assist the children in the safe use of these items but we recommend using your discretion of your own child’s ability for these tasks before booking.
Sew for Life Studio, Unit 3/16 Main Street, Osborne Park WA 6017
Parents can choose to drop and collect or alternatively, enjoy a rest in our lounge area with a cup of tea or coffee and a magazine.