Sewing is BACK and everyone wants to learn how! Kids Can Sew sewing classes and workshops are specially designed for children and are suitable for both girls and boys. Classes will inspire creativity and build life-long skills all while having fun at the same time!
The Library/Tote Bag Workshop is a great way to make a fun and practical project and learn lots of new skills!
$85 per child inc GST (recommended ages 8-13 years however we can take 7 years old at parent’s discretion)
- 2.5 hours of sewing tuition by a qualified teacher
- All materials required to make one library/tote bag including fabric and thread (we will have a range of fabric colours and patterns to choose from)
- Small class size with only 6 students
- The use of studio sewing machines during lesson time
- The use of sewing supplies and equipment for example fabric shears (scissors), snips, pins, thread and bobbins.
What to Bring:
All materials and equipment are supplied for this class, however we realise some children might wish to choose and bring their own fabric.
- (optional) Fabric: Main fabric 40cm in the length, contrast fabric 40cm in length
- (optional) Sewing machine – if you have your own machine you are welcome to bring it along, otherwise students can use the studio machines provided.
- (optional) Basic sewing tools, including fabric shears, snips, pins, thread and bobbins but we also have plenty to share!
Skill level required:
It’s helpful if the child has sewn straight stitch on a sewing machine before but it’s not essential. If not, we’ll show you how!
*** Parents please note that sewing activities require the use of sharp items such as scissors and pins, and at times the use of an iron. Our teachers will assist the children in the safe use of these items but we recommend using your discretion of your own child’s ability for these tasks before booking.
Sew for Life Studio, Unit 3/16 Main Street, Osborne Park WA 6017
Parents can choose to drop and collect or alternatively, enjoy a rest in our lounge area with a cup of tea or coffee and a magazine.
Booking Terms and Conditions:
1) Course fees are required to be paid on booking to secure your place.
2) Should you choose to pay by direct deposit, note that your place is not secured until full payment is received. Your invoice is due 7 days from the date of invoice or 14 days prior to course commencement, whichever is sooner. Should you require a payment plan, please contact us to make arrangements.
3) If the course is cancelled by Sew for Life (i.e. minimum course numbers not reached) you may choose to receive either a full 100% refund, or transfer payment to a later course.
4) If you cancel within the four weeks prior to course commencement or are unable to attend on any or all of the class days, for any reason, there will be no refunds or transfers issued.
No dates are currently available for this class. Please check back later for April school holiday workshops.