Do you know a bit about sewing and are looking to challenge yourself with an intermediate level project?
Learning to sew your own beautiful pair of Carolyn Pyjamas with Sew for Life is the perfect way to refresh your knowledge, brush up on old skills and learn something new that you can take away and adapt to all your future projects.
Throughout the course you will learn the following skills and dressmaking techniques:
- Identify components of pattern instructions
- Prepare and trace a pattern
- Make basic length adjustments to a pattern
- Attach bias piping trim
- Attach patch & hip pockets
- Sew set in sleeves with gathering
- Sew a notched collar with no exposed seams
- Sew French seams
- Sew buttonholes and buttons with a sewing machine
- Sew a faux fly
- Attach an elasticated waistband
Summer or winter – choose the style that suits!
$425 per person (inc GST) including six 2.5 hour classes.
***Please note that due to the complexity of this pattern, students will be required to complete some sewing at home during the week between classes.
Course fees include the provision of tuition and course notes as well as a Carolyn essentials pack including:
- Your own print copy of the Closet Case Files Carolyn Pyjamas pattern
- Bias piping trim (your choice from a selection of colours) – 5m
- 1.5” (38mm) wide elastic – 1m
- Fusible woven interfacing – 0.5m
- Tracing vilene – 2m
You will need to provide your own sewing machine and will also be required to purchase the following materials to make your pyjamas:
- Main fabric (light-medium weight woven): between 3 – 5.5m depending on size and version chosen (short or long sleeve/pants) Click HERE for sizing and fabric requirements
- 5 shirt buttons (10-15mm)
Sew for Life Studio, Unit 3/16 Main Street, Osborne Park, Perth
Booking Terms & Conditions:
1) Course fees are required to be paid on booking to secure your place
2) Should you choose to pay by direct deposit, note that your place is not secured until full payment is received. Your invoice is due 7 days from the date of invoice or 14 days prior to course commencement, whichever is sooner. Should you require a payment plan, please contact us to make arrangements.
3) If the course is cancelled by Sew for Life (i.e. minimum course numbers not reached) you may choose to receive either a full 100% refund, or transfer payment to a later course.
4) If you cancel within the four weeks prior to course commencement or are unable to attend on the day, for any reason, there will be no refunds or transfers issued.
5) Sew for Life is unable to offer make-up classes for lessons that are not attended for sickness or any other reason. You will have access to the written notes and instructions for all your lessons and the teacher will do their best to help you catch up in the following lesson if time permits.
There are no current dates available for this course. If you’d like to stay in touch to find out when it is offered again, please sign up for our email newsletter where we announce all new course dates and information first.